Erasure Poetry Kit
Erasure Poetry Kit
Erasure poetry is good for the soul.
It’s also so much fun and really inexpensive to do! I first learned about this concrete poetic technique while in college in London and have been using it as an outlet for my mental health at times when I feel overwhelmed.
Supplies: 1 sharpie, an old book, textbook, magazine, anything with enough words to manipulate!
clear your mind
pick out a page and then read through it one word at a time.
If any words resonate with you, remember those; start back at the top of the page, and begin covering words that didn’t connect with you.... then see what’s left.
Scroll through the images if you want more close up examples, I’ll post more too!
This kit includes ~20 pages randomly selected from 10 books + XL Sharpie + Random mini candle + set of matches + oddities
We purchase RAW materials and create a "proprietary" formula: it's nearly 100% soy wax, with a just touch of beeswax to elongate the burn time and give it a smooth-looking finish. Before burning any candle, make sure the ingredients work with your body.
The reason we include essential oil is because it’s a plant's vital "essence” where energy is stored but also the most highly concentrated nutritional and therapeutic benefits reside. This contains chemical messengers that transmit information throughout the body like a normal medicine or prescription would do. We like to call them:Plant Friends with Benefits.
Our soy, slow burn candles are hand poured in West Hollywood.
Travel size approximate burn time: up to 15 hours
Full size approximate burn time: up to 40 hours
3 wick size approximate burn time: up to 60 hours
18 oz approximate burn time: up to 80 hours
Studio size approximate burn time: up to 120 hours
Flores Lane Candle Burning Tips
- Did you know that wax has a memory?
- Be sure to allow 4 hours for your first burn OR until the entire top layer of wax melted to maximize the life of your candle.
- Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage.
- Avoid fans, vents or direct access to air currents.
- Do not touch or move a burning candle.
- Extinguish the candle if the flame becomes too large. Let the candle cool, trim the wick before re-lighting.
- Always keep the candle within your sight.
- Make sure the candle is completely out before leaving the room.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle.
it's about the ingredients.
In 2010, I was diagnosed with late stage neurological Lyme disease and was unable to leave the house. One thing that always made me feel better was lighting candles. But upon researching the candle ingredients, I realized that I was burning petroleum, coal, & unknown fragrances..I decided to make my own with healthy ingredients.